Parallel Test::Class

Ovid publiustemp-tapx at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 16:36:09 BST 2007

Hi all,

I know it's probably too soon to think about this since we don't have
the parallelization behavior nailed down, but eventually we'll want to
think about Test::Class.

Test::Class tests often have a single driver script which will look
something like this:

  use Test::Class::Load 't/tests';
  Test::Class->runtests;

That might be called something like 't/test_class_tests.t'.

That loads a bunch of test classes and runs them.  We might want to
think about supplying patches to Test::Class which allows it to run
those classes in parallel.  There are potentially a lot of funky bits
involved with that (startup and shutdown behaviors), but I think it's
important because those who use parallel tests are likely to be more
sophisticated in their testing strategies and are thus more likely to
be using Test::Class.

Of course, I could be dead wrong and I wouldn't hold up TH3 for this,
but I'd like it in the back of people's minds.

Cheers,
Ovid

--
Buy the book  - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/